SORIATANE, 25MG, CAPSULE
This medication is typically used for psoriasis. It may also have other uses. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Avoid taking vitamin A supplements while using this medication. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up.
This medication may irritate the stomach, and should be taken with food. It is best to avoid coffee, spicy food or alcohol. Avoid consuming alcohol during treatment and for 2 months after completion of treatment in women.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause hair loss;
- it may cause dryness of the mouth;
- it may cause joint pain;
- it may cause nasal dryness;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to the sun or sun lamps -- wear sunscreen and avoid exposure to sunlight as much as possible;
- it can cause dryness of the skin.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use an effective contraceptive method during treatment and for several months after the end of it. Ask your healthcare professional for details.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.