EMLA, 2.5+2.5%, MED. DRESS.
This medication is typically used to numb the skin before a procedure. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
Ensure that the area to be covered is clean and dry. Apply the patch so that it completely covers the area to be treated. Do not apply it to skin that has been cut or scratched.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it could cause water retention and swelling;
- it may lighten the colour of your skin;
- it may cause local redness.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not allow it to freeze. There is enough drug left in a used patch to be harmful to children. Before you dispose of a patch, fold it in half with the sticky sides together. Make sure that children will not be able to manipulate it.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.