DAPSONE, 100MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for the treatment of an inflammatory skin condition known as dermatitis herpetiformis. It may also be used for the prevention of malaria, for the treatment of leprosy, for pneumonia caused by a germ known as pneumocystis, as well as for other uses. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, a treatment with this medication lasts several days. Take it for the entire time prescribed in order to achieve the medication's full benefit.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. This medication may be taken with or without food.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may decrease your appetite;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to UV rays (e.g., sunlight, tanning lamps) - avoid exposure to UV rays as much as possible and protect yourself when out in the sun.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When using this product, it is sometimes recommended that you take a daily nutritional supplement for the duration of your treatment. Ask your pharmacist to suggest a supplement rich in iron, folic acidand vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.