RHINOCORT, 100MCG, NASAL POWDER
This medication contains an anti-inflammatory drug from the cortisone family (corticosteroid). Typically, it is used for nasal polyps (growths that block the nasal passages) or for allergic rhinitis. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product is to be inhaled into the nostrils. To use:
- blow your nose to clear your nostrils;
- load a dose (see user's guide);
- fit the adaptor over the nostril and block the other nostril with a finger;
- sniff quickly and vigorously;
- repeat the operation for the other nostril.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Use it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause a sore throat;
- it may cause nasal irritation;
- it may cause nosebleeds;
- it may cause a cough.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.