PMS LOPERAMIDE, 1MG/5ML, ORAL LIQUID
This medication is typically used to relieve diarrhea. It may also have other uses. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
If you have a high fever or your stool contains blood, it may not be advisable to use this medication. Consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
To ensure exact dosage, measure each dose with an accurate measuring device. To avoid constipation, this product should only be used for a short period of time.
If you have diarrhea, you should drink extra fluids such as water or clear broth. Your pharmacist can also recommend a suitable preparation to replace fluids. This medication may be taken with or without food.
It is recommended to drink plenty of water while using this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause constipation -- to prevent this, drink plenty of water or juice, and eat more dietary fibre;
- it may cause stomach ache and cramps;
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not allow it to freeze. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.