COMBANTRIN, 125MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used to eliminate intestinal worms. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically taken in a single dose. However, your pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. It is to be used once and then again 14 days later.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. To avoid reinfection, thoroughly clean and vacuum the entire house. Wash the bedding and clothing of the person who has been treated. Also, wash all used bath towels and dry them in the dryer for at least 30 minutes.
This medication may be taken with or without food.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may decrease your appetite;
- it may cause stomach ache and cramps;
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you're pregnant or want to become pregnant, or if you're breastfeeding;
- If you use tobacco or cannabis or its derivatives, or if you use recreational drugs;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.