KIDROLASE, 10,000IU, INJ.POWDER
This medication is typically used for the treatment of leukemia. It may also be used as part of chemotherapy.
How to use this medication
This drug is usually administered in a hospital or clinic setting by a health care professional. Specialists have established various protocols for the administration of this drug. The dose and method used to administer this drug have therefore been tailored to your specific medical condition.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause stomach ache and cramps;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause an allergic reaction (also known as hypersensitivity);
- it may cause mouth irritation and sores;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- rarely, it causes inflammation of the pancreas, causing symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea and vomiting -- if you experience any of these symptoms, contact your doctor immediately.
If you have any questions, speak to the health care professionals who are overseeing your treatment.
Although the drugs you are taking are intended to help you, they can be harmful to those around you. Make sure that a professional who oversees your treatment has given you all the necessary precautions.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use an effective contraceptive method.
This information handout only provides an overview of your treatment. Given the complex nature of your treatment, you will receive information that is much more comprehensive and that deals specifically with your needs. Make sure that you have all the relevant information regarding your medication.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.