PUREGON CARTRIDGE, 900IU/1.08ML, INJ.CARTRID.
This medication is typically used for female infertility. It may also be used for male infertility.
How to use this medication
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously), according to the technique you were shown. Be sure to choose a different injection site each time.
Dispose of used syringes and needles safely. Your pharmacist can tell you the best way to do this.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
You should take this medication at approximately the same time each day.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause constipation -- to prevent this, drink plenty of water or juice, and eat more dietary fibre;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause back pain;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause your breasts to feel swollen and tender.
Keep this product in the refrigerator or at room temperature, it will remain effective for 3 months only. After its first use, keep it at room temperature and discard any unused portion after 28 days.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.