REMICADE, 100MG, INJ.POWDER
This medication is typically used for rheumatoid arthritis or for ankylosing spondylitis (arthritis involving the spine). It may also be used for Crohn's disease, for plaque psoriasis, as well as for other uses. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
Once diluted, this medication is usually administered into a vein (intravenously) over a number of hours by a health professional.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it could make you more prone to respiratory infections;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This agent may reduce your body's ability to fight infections. It is recommended that you contact your doctor if you experience signs of infections like fever and chills since some users have developed serious infections. Many vaccines must be avoided during your treatment - be sure to mention it to your health professionals.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.