VIVOTIF, ENTERIC CAP.
This product is a vaccine that will help you develop an immunity to typhoid. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect after a few weeks.
How to use this medication
The capsule of this medication should not be opened, crushed or chewed. This medication should not be taken with food. It is best taken on an empty stomach, one hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
Avoid consuming alcohol one hour before or 2 hours after this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause a fever.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.