CANTHARONE PLUS, 1+2+30%, TOP. LIQUID
This medication is typically used for the treatment of molluscum contagiosum or for the treatment of skin warts. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
Since this medication causes a chemical burn that produces a blister within hours, it must be applied by a physician. The treatment area should be covered with a piece of plastic adhesive tape shortly after application. A follow-up appointment with the physician should be scheduled.
Do not allow this product to come into contact with eyes or mucous membranes (eg lips). It should not be applied to skin injured by a cut or scratch.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness and peeling of the skin;
- it may cause local pain;
- it may cause local irritation;
- it may cause blisters at the application site.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use an effective contraceptive method.
Pregnant women should not use this product. If you're planning a pregnancy or become pregnant, contact your family doctor.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.