SOLYSTAT, 250MG/ML, SUSPENSION
This medication is typically used for an excess of potassium in the blood. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect after a few days.
How to use this medication
This product must be used according to the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist. For more information, read the instructions in the package carefully.
Do not take any medication in the 3 hours preceding or the 3 hours following the use of this resin. The resin could greatly reduce the absorption of other drugs.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. To be effective, this product must be mixed well. Shake the bottle several times before using the medication. Measure each dose with an accurate measuring device, such as an oral syringe.
To ensure effectiveness, avoid taking an antacid at the same time. This medication contains sodium. Consider this intake if you are on a low-sodium diet.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may decrease your appetite;
- it may cause constipation -- to prevent this, drink plenty of water or juice, and eat more dietary fibre;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.