ANDROCUR, 50MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for the treatment of prostate cancer. It may also have other uses. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect after a few weeks.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used 3 times a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand.
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up. This medication should be taken immediately after finishing a meal.
Consuming alcohol may modify the effect of this product. Limit alcohol consumption during treatment.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- occasionally, it may cause breast development in men;
- it can cause dryness of the skin;
- it may cause difficulty with erection.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.