ANDROCUR DEPOT, 100MG/ML, INJ.LA
This medication is typically used for the treatment of prostate cancer. It may also have other uses. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect after a few weeks.
How to use this medication
Inject this product into a muscle (intramuscularly), using the technique you were shown. After an injection, the muscle may be sore for a few days. Choose a different injection site each time.
This medication is typically used only once a week. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Consuming alcohol may modify the effect of this product. Limit alcohol consumption during treatment.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- occasionally, it may cause breast development in men;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it can cause dryness of the skin;
- it may cause difficulty with erection.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate or allow it to freeze. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.