ISDN, 5MG, S/L TABLET
This medication is a vasodilator (it dilates the blood vessels). Typically, it is used for the prevention of angina (chest pain due to a heart condition). It may also have other uses. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
Place the tablet under the tongue. Let it dissolve without chewing or swallowing it.
Use the medication at the first sign of an attack. Sit or lie down after using it. If you don't feel better within 5 minutes, you may use up to 2 more doses, each 5 minutes apart. If you are still not better after 3 doses, seek medical attention immediately.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed. Consuming alcohol may intensify the toxicity of this product. Avoid or limit alcohol consumption during treatment.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause redness of the face;
- it may cause vomiting;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause palpitations (rapid and strong heart beat).
To remain effective, this product must be kept in its original packaging. Do not transfer it to another container. As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.