ISDN, 5MG, S/L TABLET
This medication is a vasodilator (it dilates the blood vessels). Typically, it is used for the prevention of angina (chest pain due to a heart condition). It may also have other uses. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
Place the tablet under the tongue. Let it dissolve without chewing or swallowing it.
Use the medication at the first sign of an attack. Sit or lie down after using it. If you don't feel better within 5 minutes, you may use up to 2 more doses, each 5 minutes apart. If you are still not better after 3 doses, seek medical attention immediately.
Generally, this medication is used only as needed. Consuming alcohol may intensify the toxicity of this product. Avoid or limit alcohol consumption during treatment.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause redness of the face;
- it may cause palpitations (rapid and strong heart beat);
- it may cause vomiting.
To remain effective, this product must be kept in its original packaging. Do not transfer it to another container. As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.