PDP ISONIAZID, 50MG/5ML, SYRUP
This medication is typically used for tuberculosis. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. To ensure exact dosage, measure each dose with an accurate device, such as an oral dosing syringe.
Your doctor has prescribed this medication for a specific period of time. Take it for the entire time prescribed in order to achieve the medication's full benefit, even if you begin to feel better sooner. If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up.
This product is more effective when taken on an empty stomach. However if you experience stomach problems, you may take it with food.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may decrease your appetite;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may cause numbness and discomfort in the arms or legs;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may affect your liver and may lead to jaundice in rare cases;
- it may cause heartburn.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not allow it to freeze and keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.