SEPTRA, 80+16MG/ML, INJECTABLE
This medication contains an antibiotic from the sulfonamide family. Typically, it is used to treat infections. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This drug is usually administered in a hospital or clinic setting by a health care professional. Specialists have established various protocols for the administration of this drug. The dose and method used to administer this drug have therefore been tailored to your specific medical condition.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to UV rays (e.g., sunlight, tanning lamps) - avoid exposure to UV rays as much as possible and protect yourself when out in the sun;
- it may cause severe diarrhea, sometimes several weeks after the end of treatment. In case of severe diarrhea, contact your doctor without delay.
If you have any questions, speak to the health care professionals who are overseeing your treatment.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
It is also strongly recommended that you keep an up-to-date list of all the medications you take and carry it with you at all times. This could be useful if you have to see a health professional or need emergency care.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.