TRIHEXYPHENIDYL, 5MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for Parkinson's disease. It may also be used for abnormal muscle movements. Its effects can be noticed within a few hours.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used 3 times a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. It is not advisable to stop using this product suddenly, particularly if you have been on it for several weeks. If you are considering stopping the medication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist first.
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up. This medication may irritate the stomach, and should be taken with food. It is best to avoid coffee, spicy food or alcohol.
Consuming alcohol may intensify the effect of this product. If you choose to drink alcohol, do so in moderation. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor to find out exactly how much alcohol you can drink.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause blurred vision and dryness of the mouth;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause constipation -- to prevent this, drink plenty of water or juice, and eat more dietary fibre;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to the sun or sun lamps -- wear sunscreen and avoid exposure to sunlight as much as possible;
- it can cause dryness of the skin.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.