PANOXYL, 10%, MED. SOAP
This medication is typically used for acne. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
Use it like soap:
- take a small amount in your hand and lather with water;
- rub the area you want to clean;
- rinse thoroughly with water;
- gently pat dry with a towel.
This product may discolour hair or clothing that it comes into contact with. Use caution when applying it.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, it is used only as needed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness and peeling of the skin;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to UV rays (e.g., sunlight, tanning lamps) - avoid exposure to UV rays as much as possible and protect yourself when out in the sun;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation;
- it may cause local irritation.
This product does not require any specific storage precaution. Make sure that it is not confused with other non-medicated cleansers.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.