OXAZEPAM, 10MG, TABLET
This medication belongs to the benzodiazepine family. Typically, it is used to reduce anxiety or to help induce sleep. Its effects can be felt within 1 hour.
How to use this medication
The dosage of this medication depends on what it is used for. Depending on the circumstance, it may be used regularly or only as needed. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist. It is not advisable to stop using this product suddenly, particularly if you have been on it for several weeks. If you are considering stopping the medication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist first.
This medication may be taken with or without food. Consuming alcohol may intensify the effect of this product. Limit alcohol consumption to occasional small quantities.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause memory loss;
- it may cause dryness of the mouth;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may cause drowsiness that lasts until the next day -- use caution until you know how you will react;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely. This drug is occasionally sought out by teenagers for non-medical purposes. Please store in a safe place.
This treatment may be habit-forming. Do not use this medication for longer than necessary. If you have difficulty stopping the medication when the treatment is finished, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.