PANOXYL, 5%, MED. SOAP
This medication is typically used for acne. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
Use it like soap:
- take a small amount in your hand and lather with water;
- rub the area you want to clean;
- rinse thoroughly with water;
- gently pat dry with a towel.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
This product may discolour hair or clothing that it comes into contact with. Use caution when applying it.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, it is used only as needed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness and peeling of the skin;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation;
- it may cause local irritation;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to the sun or sun lamps -- wear sunscreen and avoid exposure to sunlight as much as possible.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your doctor or pharmacist. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.
This product does not require any specific storage precaution. Make sure that it is not confused with other non-medicated cleansers.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
This document contains useful information for those taking this medication. It is not intended, in any way, to replace the advice of a trained health professional. For more information, consult the manufacturer's literature, where you will find additional information about uncommon side effects as well as contraindications associated with this product.