PROCTOFOAM HC, 1+1%, RECTAL FOAM
This product is a combination of drugs. It contains, among other, an anti-inflammatory drug from the cortisone family (corticosteroid). Typically, it is used for hemorrhoids. It produces its action on its first day of use.
How to use this medication
Use this product according to the package's instructions.
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Generally, it is used only as needed.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation;
- it may cause local irritation;
- it may lighten the skin where it is applied.
This product is sensitive to heat. Store it at room temperature, in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.