OXSORALEN ULTRA, 10MG, CAPSULE
This medication is typically used for psoriasis or for a disorder of the skin's pigment known as vitiligo. It may also be used for eczema, as well as for other uses. It requires a few months to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product is part of a treatment that includes exposure to artificial sunlight. For best results, be sure to take your medication at the recommended time before exposure.
Avoid exposure to the sun for prolonged periods during the 24 hours before treatment. After treatment, avoid sun exposure for at least eight hours, even through a window or in the presence of clouds. Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight for at least 48 hours after treatment. If this is not possible, wear protective clothing and use sunscreen.
Wear wrap-around sunglasses to protect your eyes during daylight hours for 24 hours after treatment.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. Some food may increase skin sensitivity to sun during treatment. Avoid limes, figs, parsley, parsnips, mustard, carrots, and celery.
This medication may irritate the stomach, and should be taken with food. It is best to avoid coffee, spicy food or alcohol.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to the sun or sun lamps -- wear sunscreen and avoid exposure to sunlight as much as possible;
- it may cause stinging or itching;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause the eyes to become more sensitive to light -- wear sunglasses if necessary.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.