MICRONOR, 0.35MG, TABLETS-28
This medication is a hormone. Typically, it is used to prevent pregnancy. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
To ensure effectiveness, this medication must be taken at the same time each day. It may be taken with or without food.
Always start a new pack at the set date. If you forget a pill, take it as soon as you remember and then continue to take one pill every day as usual.
If you are more than 3 hours late in taking your pill, contact your pharmacist.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may affect menstruation (irregular or absence of menses);
- it may cause your breasts to feel swollen and tender;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.