DEPO PROVERA, 50MG/ML, INJECTABLE
This medication is a hormone. Typically, it is used to prevent pregnancy. It may also be used for endometriosis.
How to use this medication
This product is usually injected into a muscle (intramuscularly) by a health professional. The injection may be sore for a few days.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- menstruation may stop during treatment with this medication;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause your breasts to feel swollen and tender;
- it may affect your appetite.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate or allow it to freeze. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use an effective contraceptive method.
Pregnant women should not use this product. If you're planning a pregnancy or become pregnant, contact your family doctor.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.