Almost everyone dreams of regaining a smoother, brighter, more even complexion by fighting fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, redness, loss of firmness and other signs of aging. When it comes to revitalizing the complexion and filling in lines and wrinkles, there’s one natural dermo-cosmetic ingredient with recognized virtues: vitamin C.
Signs of aging
As we age, the levels of vitamin C naturally found in our skin decreases, and this contributes to:
- Diminished collagen synthesis (collagen plays a role in the cohesion, elasticity and regeneration of various body tissues, including skin);
- Loss of firmness and tone;
- Loss of water and nutrients;
- More fragile epidermal tissue.
In most cases, these signs of aging show up as wrinkles and folds:
- Expression lines on the forehead, between the eyebrows, near the nostrils and around the mouth;
- Sagging causing changes in face shape, under-eye bags, jowls and a double chin.
The benefits of pure vitamin C
Pure vitamin C is recognized by dermatologists as an age-fighting ingredient of choice. Here are just some of its beneficial actions:
- It stimulates the production of collagen.
- It strengthens blood vessels.
- It protects skin from oxidation (antioxidant and anti-free-radical action).
- It boosts cellular renewal.
- It reduces water loss.
- It improves the cohesion of the dermis and epidermis.
Other active ingredients to the rescue
In addition to pure vitamin C, other innovative ingredients used in dermo-cosmetics can help preserve the appearance and vitality of your complexion:
- Mannose fades irregularities and redness associated with sensitive skin.
- Fragmented hyaluronic acid moisturizes, smoothes and revitalizes skin.
To learn more about anti-aging and skin-correcting products available at your local Uniprix store, talk to one of our beauty consultants.