You like to take care of your skin, from head to toe, and you’re always on the lookout for simple, yet effective ways to give it that fresh look and keep it feeling healthy. You’ve come to the right place! The following twelve tips will help you do just that.
Our best tips for healthy skin!
- Opt for short, warm showers. Long, hot showers strip the hydrolipidic film that protects skin from dryness.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly and keep it well hydrated. Exfoliation removes dead cells from the surface of the skin; this dislodges impurities and helps to even out skin tone. Follow with a moisturizer to soothe and soften the epidermis.
- Don’t forget your neck and décolleté. The skin in these areas is particularly sensitive and should be treated like an extension of your face. Use products specifically formulated for these regions or apply your facial day and night creams.
- Choose products suited to your skin type, especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Pamper your hands and feet. In addition to the regular care you give them, before going to bed, lather your hands and feet with moisturizer and cover them with gloves and socks. They’ll regain their softness and youthful glow.
- Adapt your routine to the season. When the seasons change, re-evaluate your skin care routine, because your skin may not have the same needs in the summer, fall and winter.
- Fight premature skin aging. Adopt a healthy lifestyle, avoid unnecessary exposure to skin-damaging elements, like the sun, and if you do go outside, make sure you use sunscreen.
- Do not touch your face… (even though, on average, we do this 2,000 to 3,000 times a day!) That way, you will avoid spreading bacteria and dirt from your hands to your face and reduce your risk of blemishes.
- Drink plenty of water. Drinking 1 to 2 litres of water every day helps to maintain the hydration of skin (since water makes up a significant part of it).
- Go easy on the eye contour. This extremely delicate area requires the most gentle of care. That includes taking basic precautions, like not rubbing your eyes when they’re itchy! To soothe itchy eyes, just apply a cool washcloth.
- Exercise. Exercise is good for your skin in two ways: it’s nature’s way of flushing out, through perspiration, the toxins trapped underneath skin and it promotes good blood flow.
- Choose the right summer scent. One of the key ingredients in fragrances is alcohol. And it turns out that alcohol and sunshine don’t mix well. In fact, when the sunrays heat the alcohol, it can cause unsightly spots to appear on the skin. So look for an alcohol-free summer scent.
Would you like to learn more ways to have healthy skin? Talk to your dermo-cosmetic consultant at your local Uniprix. She has many great hints to share with you!