Wherever it is – on your legs, underarms, face or bikini area – visible hair in any of these places is never a welcome sight! Whether you’re getting ready for a tropical vacation to escape our cold winter, preparing to don your favourite summer outfit or just looking to remove hair from a specific zone, there are many hair removal options open to you!
• A convenient, easy, painless method that takes little time and can be done almost anywhere!
• Shaving can be irritating for skin .
• It needs to be done often since hair is cut at the surface of the skin, leaving the bulb intact.
• Hair grows back coarser and darker and tends to get stronger over time.
Tips and tricks
• Exfoliate skin before shaving.
• Always shave in the direction of hair growth.
• Warm the razor blade under hot water.
• Use a good quality razor and cream or gel made for this purpose.
• If using a reusable razor, change the blade every 8 weeks.
• Electric razors are a good option.
• A convenient, fast, easy and completely pain free method that removes hair effectively.
• Hair re-growth is not as coarse as with shaving, but still remains relatively strong.
• Hair grows back quickly, after about 3 to 5 days.
• You should always test the depilatory cream on your skin before using; sensitive skin can react to the chemicals it contains.
• This method is more gentle for skin.
• The hair and bulb are removed.
• Hair grows back softer and more slowly, after 3 to 4 weeks.
• Hair becomes finer over time.
• Requires more time and skill than shaving.
Tips and tricks
• It is preferable to exfoliate before waxing in order to avoid ingrown hairs.
• For best results, waxing should be done when hair is at least 3 mm.
Not quite as well known, this method involves applying a completely natural paste made with sugar, honey and lemon, among others.
• It’s a very gentle method suited to every skin type.
• The paste exfoliates skin as hair is removed.
• It considerably reduces amount of hair over time and makes new growth very soft.
• Hair grows back only after 4 to 5 weeks.
• This method can lead to ingrown hairs over time.
• The paste is heated, cooled then formed into a ball, which is rolled on the area to be treated; hair is uprooted from its follicle when it sticks to the paste.
At the Uniprix Boutique Beauté, you will find all the products you need for perfect do-it-yourself hair removal. Drop by for a visit!
Looking for more helpful health and beauty tips? Interested in receiving special offers? Click here and sign up for our newsletter today.
[UNIPRIX] - The information contained herein is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide complete information on the subject matter or to replace the advice of a health professional. This information does not constitute medical consultation, diagnosis or opinion and should not be interpreted as such. Please consult your health care provider if you have any questions about your health, medications or treatment.