Wherever it is – on your legs, underarms, face or bikini area – visible hair in any of these places is never a welcome sight! Whether you’re getting ready for a tropical vacation to escape our cold winter, preparing to don your favourite summer outfit or just looking to remove hair from a specific zone, there are many hair removal options open to you!
Which method should I choose?
• A convenient, easy, painless method that takes little time and can be done almost anywhere!
• Shaving can be irritating for skin .
• It needs to be done often since hair is cut at the surface of the skin, leaving the bulb intact.
• Hair grows back coarser and darker and tends to get stronger over time.
Tips and tricks
• Exfoliate skin before shaving.
• Always shave in the direction of hair growth.
• Warm the razor blade under hot water.
• Use a good quality razor and cream or gel made for this purpose.
• If using a reusable razor, change the blade every 8 weeks.
• Electric razors are a good option.
• A convenient, fast, easy and completely pain free method that removes hair effectively.
• Hair re-growth is not as coarse as with shaving, but still remains relatively strong.
• Hair grows back quickly, after about 3 to 5 days.
• You should always test the depilatory cream on your skin before using; sensitive skin can react to the chemicals it contains.
• This method is more gentle for skin.
• The hair and bulb are removed.
• Hair grows back softer and more slowly, after 3 to 4 weeks.
• Hair becomes finer over time.
• Requires more time and skill than shaving.
Tips and tricks
• It is preferable to exfoliate before waxing in order to avoid ingrown hairs.
• For best results, waxing should be done when hair is at least 3 mm.
Not quite as well known, this method involves applying a completely natural paste made with sugar, honey and lemon, among others.
• It’s a very gentle method suited to every skin type.
• The paste exfoliates skin as hair is removed.
• It considerably reduces amount of hair over time and makes new growth very soft.
• Hair grows back only after 4 to 5 weeks.
• This method can lead to ingrown hairs over time.
• The paste is heated, cooled then formed into a ball, which is rolled on the area to be treated; hair is uprooted from its follicle when it sticks to the paste.
At the Uniprix Boutique Beauté, you will find all the products you need for perfect do-it-yourself hair removal. Drop by for a visit!
Looking for more helpful health and beauty tips? Interested in receiving special offers? Click here and sign up for our newsletter today.