You may have noticed that braids are big this season; there’s the side braid, the milkmaid, braids tucked into a bun and many more. With braids you can take your hair from ordinary to fabulous in no time flat!
To get these different looks, you’ll need:
- A tail comb
- Small hair elastics
- Regular hair elastics
- Bobby pins
Look 1 – The Side Braid
- Using the tail of your comb, part your hair to one side.
- Starting from the side part, use your fingers or the comb to divide off a large section of hair (from the front to the middle of your head).
- Tie the rest of your hair in a pony tail to keep it out of the way for the time being.
- You’re now ready to create a French side braid. Here’s what you do:
- Take a large section of hair from the front chunk you divided off;
- Separate it into three pieces.
- Cross the left piece over the centre piece.
- Pick up a new strand from the right piece and cross it over the centre piece.
- Pick up a new strand from the left piece and cross it over the centre piece.
- And so on…
- Don’t make the braid too tight.
- Secure the braid with a small elastic.
- Undo your pony tail.
- Bring your braid to the back and tuck it in with the rest of your hair.
You’re done! You now have a flattering, romantic hairstyle that highlights your features.
Look 2 – Low bun with a braid
For the second hairstyle, you’ll need to complete the side braid just described, adding an extra step:
7. Take your free hair and bring it together with the braid at the back, making sure your braid is hidden under your hair. Use an elastic to make an almost pony tail, that is, don’t pull it all the way through. Leave the end of the pony tail inside the elastic, then go around with the elastic a couple of times to hold the bun in place.
There you have it: a lovely low, messy bun with a side braid. Another super romantic look!
Look 3 – The Bohemian or Milkmaid Braid
- To create this last look,
- Use a comb to part your hair down the middle.
- You can leave a few loose strands at the front if you want. This will add to the Bohemian look.
- Make a regular braid with the hair from the left section, starting at ear level. Tie the braid with a small elastic.
- Do the same things with the right side of your hair.
- Bring the left braid across the top of your head.
- Secure the end of the braid with bobby pins.
- Also secure the back side of the braid.
- Bring the right braid across the top of your head, over the left braid.
- Tuck the end of the second braid into the first braid.
- Secure with bobby pins.
- If you see any stray hairs, use bobby pins to tuck them into place.
For all the hair products and accessories you need to create the hottest looks, talk to a Uniprix beauty consultant. Because a cool hairstyle, that’s good for you too!