The ABCs of proper brush care
- spray antiseptic brush cleaner on a paper towel.
- Glide the brush over the saturated area.
- Let it dry.
- Put a few drops of baby shampoo in the palm of your hand.
- Run the brush under warm running water, holding it head down.
- Gently glide the brush across your palm in a sweeping motion. Rinse, again holding the bristles downward.
Once you have finished cleaning the brush, you will need to dry it. To do so, simply wrap the brush in a clean paper towel and lightly squeeze the bristles. Remove the paper towel, gently pulling the handle to remove any excess water.
When your brushes are clean and dry, store them in your brush case to protect the bristles. Avoid compressing the bristles, as they could lose their shape, making their proper use more difficult. Don’t forget to clean your brush case, as well. It too can harbour bacteria!
Need help choosing your brushes and the products to keep them clean? Just talk to one of our beauty consultants: they can point you in the right direction!