With all the different devices available to measure blood sugar levels (glucose meters), how do you know which one is right for you?
Your health professional can show you the various models and explain their features to help you select the one that best suits your needs.
What to keep in mind:
- Device and display size:
- There are different size devices on the market.
- If you have dexterity problems (caused by arthritis, for example), ask to hold the device to see whether you are comfortable handling it.
- If you have vision problems, it’s also a good idea to check the display, font size, and screen brightness.
- Ease of use:
- Is the device simple to calibrate? Is it easy to find past readings?
- Make sure you have no trouble handling them, e.g., taking them out of the package or applying a drop of blood to the strip.
- Are the batteries easy to find and replace?
- Syncing with an electronic device is easy (tablet, cellphone) if applicable.
- Does the device give you the most precision?
- When managing your diabetes, precision can help you with your lifestyle choices, medications, treatments, etc.
- It is now possible to sync your blood sugar readings with an electronic device. This can be an attractive option as it allows you to always have your readings within reach, for example at medical appointments.
- Device memory:
- If you opt for a glucose meter that does not sync with electronic devices, make sure the memory can contain enough readings for your needs.
The line of CONTOUR®NEXT blood glucose meters combines remarkable accuracy, ease-of-use and connectivity.
CONTOUR®NEXT ONE :
Simpe to use, the remarkably accurate CONTOUR®NEXT ONE smart meter and CONTOUR®DIABETES app seamlessly connect to capture all your blood glucose readings and to help you manage your diabetes, smarter. You can monitor your blood glucose levels directly on your smartphone, easily and accurately.
The easy to use CONTOUR®NEXT meter offers remarkably accurate blood glucose readings. Simple, plain language messages with no codes or abbreviations provide easy to understand readings. Plus, Second-Chance® sampling helps to prevent wasted test strips.
CONTOUR®NEXT EZ :
The CONTOUR®NEXT EZ meter offers highly accurate blood glucose results. Second-Chance® sampling lets you apply more blood to the same strip if you didn’t get enough the first time, helping to prevent wasted strips without compromising accuracy. Fast, 5-second countdown.