REMICADE, 100MG, INJ.POWDER
This medication is typically used for rheumatoid arthritis or for ankylosing spondylitis (arthritis involving the spine). It may also be used for Crohn's disease, for plaque psoriasis, as well as for other uses. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
Once diluted, this medication is usually administered into a vein (intravenously) over a number of hours by a health professional.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it could make you more prone to respiratory infections;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This agent may reduce your body's ability to fight infections. It is recommended that you contact your doctor if you experience signs of infections like fever and chills since some users have developed serious infections. Many vaccines must be avoided during your treatment - be sure to mention it to your health professionals.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.