PMS DIAZEPAM, 5MG/5ML, ORAL LIQUID
This medication belongs to the benzodiazepine family. Typically, it is used to reduce anxiety or to help induce sleep. It may also be used for muscle spasms, as well as for other uses. Its effects can be felt within a few minutes.
How to use this medication
The dosage of this medication depends on what it is used for. Depending on the circumstance, it may be used regularly or only as needed. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist. To ensure exact dosage, measure each dose with an accurate measuring device.
It is not advisable to stop using this product suddenly, particularly if you have been on it for several weeks. If you are considering stopping the medication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist first. This medication may be taken with or without food.
Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice during your treatment. Grapefruit can seriously affect how this medication works.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness of the mouth;
- it may cause confusion;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause drowsiness that lasts until the next day -- use caution until you know how you will react;
- it may affect your memory;
- it can affect your balance.
This drug is occasionally sought out by teenagers for non-medical purposes. Please store in a safe place.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
This treatment may be habit-forming. Do not use this medication for longer than necessary. If you have difficulty stopping the medication when the treatment is finished, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.