VIVOTIF, ENTERIC CAP.
This product is a vaccine that will help you develop an immunity to typhoid. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect after a few weeks.
How to use this medication
The capsule of this medication should not be opened, crushed or chewed. This medication should not be taken with food. It is best taken on an empty stomach, one hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
Avoid consuming alcohol one hour before or 2 hours after this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may cause a fever;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.