APO METOCLOP, 5MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used to increase motion within the intestines. It may also be used to control nausea and vomiting, as well as for other uses.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used 4 times a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. This medication should be taken 30 minutes before a meal.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may cause headaches;
- it can cause bowel discomfort;
- occasionally, it may cause trembling and involuntary movements (also known as dyskinesia).
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
Rarely, this product causes potentially severe reactions, mostly if taken at high doses or with some other drugs. If you experience agitation, confusion, diarrhea, fever, tremor and muscular rigidity or contractions you should contact your doctor.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.