To look fantastic from morning to night – isn’t that what we all want? Thanks to these few tips, you’ll be able to say, “mission accomplished!”
The art of long-lasting makeup
A good facial moisturizer is a great base for all makeup. After applying it to your skin, wait a few minutes for it to be absorbed, then follow with your foundation. For lasting makeup, a sheer powder applied with a powder puff will allow you to set your look for the day. A quick tip: once you have done this, avoid touching your face.
Lipstick and eye shadow are probably the cosmetics that fade most quickly. Refresh both after lunch, that way, if you experience a midday slump, it certainly won’t show!
Switch your look from day to night
Going out straight from work? Try a bolder look! Here’s how.
- Begin by reapplying concealer, gently tapping from the inner to the outer eye.
- Follow by applying on the lid a darker eye shadow than the one used in the morning. For example, go for bronze tones, combine plum with a green, mix dark and light blue or add a touch of dark grey.
- Then, apply a hint of white eye shadow just below the eyebrow and in the inner corner of the eye to create a luminous effect.
- Use your eyeliner to redefine the contour of your eyes.
Refreshing your blush is a great way to wipe away the day’s fatigue!
In the evening, you can easily get away with a darker shade of lipstick.
Makeup kit to go
- Two shades of eye shadow (one white)
Need a carry-along makeup kit? Visit the Uniprix location nearest you. A beauty consultant will help you choose the right products for your needs.