- Restrictions. To make purchases through this Website, you must be a Canadian resident who has reached the age of majority in your province of residence and have the gift card delivered in Quebec or Ontario. Daily limit on the number of transactions and their cumulative total applies. The maximum number of transactions is four (4) per day. The daily total purchase(s) should not exceed $200 in the case of one or more Uniprix gift card(s).
- General conditions
- The gift cards are not credit cards or debit cards.
- The gift cards must be presented upon purchase; the credit available on the gift cards is redeemable for merchandise sold in Uniprix-affiliated establishments (subject to any restrictions imposed by law, if such exist).
- The minimum value of gift cards is $25. Other amounts are available (starting from $30), and they have to be in multiples of 25 and for a maximum value of $200.00 per day, for Uniprix gift cards.
- The value of purchases made with your gift card shall be deducted from the gift card until the balance of the gift card is reduced to zero. You can check the balance of your gift card in a Uniprix-affiliated establishment or online at uniprix.com.
- The gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash, except when so required or permitted by law. They cannot be returned or reimbursed. In addition, they cannot be used to pay for other gift cards.
- Except when otherwise specified, no discount or other promotion may apply to the purchase of gift cards.
- Uniprix shall not be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged gift cards. Gift cards used without your authorization shall not be reimbursed or replaced.
- To replace a lost, stolen or damaged gift card, first deactivate your gift card by contacting customer service at email@example.com. If your gift card is unusable or defective, Uniprix will replace the card in a Uniprix-affiliated establishment, as long as the account identification and credit balance information are still contained on the card.
- Any attempt to tamper or illegally modify a gift card shall result in the immediate cancellation of the gift card and of the credit it contains, without prior notice.
- The gift cards (including any information that could be displayed, burnt or encoded on these, as well as intellectual property rights) remain the property of Uniprix. The gift cards may not be resold.
- Order approval. Your duly completed and forwarded offer constitutes your purchase order of the products described in the order. A confirmation email from Uniprix does not automatically mean that Uniprix has accepted the order nor is it a confirmation that Uniprix undertakes to sell you anything. Uniprix reserves the right, without any other prior notice, to reject, correct, cancel or terminate any order for whatever reason and/or to determine a quantity limit for any items ordered. It may be necessary for Uniprix or its supplier of payment processing solutions to verify, at any time, the personal, credit or payment information before accepting an order.
- Errors or inaccuracies. Although Uniprix takes great care to ensure that the information on the Website is complete and accurate, the Website may nevertheless contain errors and/or inaccuracies. Uniprix reserves the right to correct these errors and inaccuracies and change or update the information on the Website at any time, without prior notice and without liability to you or any other person, including information pertaining to the price and availability of gift cards.
- Prices. You agree to pay the full cost and all related fees related to the transaction. All amounts are in Canadian currency. No Aeroplan® reward miles or their equivalent will be awarded when making online purchases. The maximum value of an order is $200.00 per day for Uniprix gift cards.
- Payment mode. Payment by credit card is the only method of payment available for online purchases and shall be in keeping with the conditions stipulated by our supplier of payment processing solutions, as applicable.
- Delivery. Uniprix must receive payment in full before delivering any ordered items. Uniprix shall deliver the products you have ordered to the shipping address you indicated when placing your order, on the condition that the shipping address comply with the restrictions provided on the Website. Except when otherwise specified, no pick-up in stores is allowed. Uniprix delivers exclusively to Quebec and Ontario through Canada Post or any supplier of its choosing. The delivery of products is subject to the rules applicable by Canada Post or the selected supplier. The orders are delivered by Canada Post according to their standards of delivery from Monday through Friday; excluding statutory holidays. The delivery time may vary for remote areas. Uniprix will make every reasonable effort to deliver the products ordered within a reasonable period of time, but shall not be held responsible for delays, losses or damages occurring during delivery. Upon delivery of the ordered products by Uniprix to Canada Post, Uniprix shall be released from any and all liability with respect to the loss or damage of these products
- Availability and delays. Uniprix shall, at no time, be held responsible for any damage you may incur due to a delay in delivery, unavailable gift card stocks or the discretionary decision by Uniprix to cease offering a given gift card model.
- Act of God. Uniprix shall not be held responsible for its failure to perform, in whole or in part, any of its obligations towards you, or for any damages or losses that you could incur should the failure to perform these obligations leading to damages or losses result from events or circumstances beyond Uniprix’s reasonable control.
- Exclusions and limits of liability. Uniprix is not responsible for the printed text on greeting cards. Uniprix reserves the right to not deliver a gift card containing material that could be deemed illegal, threatening, abusive, libellous, obscene, pornographic or offensive. Uniprix does not undertake to monitor or verify the use of its gift card service. However, it reserves the right to do so at its sole discretion and will take the necessary measures against anyone whom it considers is using the Website in an inappropriate manner.
Gift Cards – Frequently Asked Questions
How much money can I put on a gift card?
You decide the value of the gift card. The minimum amount is $25. After that, they start at $30 and increase by multiples of 25, for a maximum of $200 for Uniprix gift cards.
Where can I purchase a gift card?
At www.uniprix.com. All you have to do is provide the information requested, proceed to the payment section and the gift card you ordered will be mailed to you at the shipping address you have indicated. The gift card you receive will be activated.
Can I use a gift card in any Uniprix store?
Uniprix gift cards are available at all participating Uniprix stores. To find the listing of Uniprix stores, visit our Store Locator at http://www.uniprix.com/en/stores/.
Can the gift card be used for online purchases?
No, we do not sell any merchandise on our Website.
Do I have to use the total value of my gift card in a single transaction?
No, you can use a portion of the amount available on your gift card. The balance will be saved for future purchases. Uniprix will keep the gift card once the balance reaches zero.
How can I check my gift card balance?
You can check your balance by going to our Website http://www.uniprix.com/en/gift_card/balance/. You will be asked to enter the number found on the back of the gift card (e.g. 60362896591480493492) and the identification code and then hit “Submit.” You can also ask a member of our staff at a Uniprix store to check your balance. Or you can phone the store where purchases with the gift card were made. Please have on hand the number on the back of the gift card.
What can I buy with a gift card?
Uniprix gift cards can be used to purchase all products available in Uniprix stores, with the exception of other gift cards.
Can I be reimbursed if my gift card is lost or stolen?
You are responsible for your Uniprix gift card. You cannot recover the balance of your card if it is lost or stolen.
Can I order many gift cards at one time? If so, who can I talk to about this?
Yes, just contact our Customer Service Department (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to submit your order.
Can I use more than one gift card to pay for a purchase?
Yes, you can combine several gift cards to pay for a purchase.
Gift card sales conditions on uniprix.com
Receiving a confirmation email for an order does not automatically mean that uniprix.com accepts said order and is not a confirmation of commitment to forward the mentioned gift card. Uniprix.com reserves the right, without prior notice, to refuse to do business with a customer and/or to set a limit of quantity for any item of an order. At any time, it may be necessary for uniprix.com to verify personal or credit information before accepting an order.
Uniprix gift cards can be paid by credit card: American Express, MasterCard or Visa. We do not accept cheques or money orders. Payments must comply with the payment procedure described during the registration process. Customers agree to settle the total cost and charges related to the purchase of merchandise, including delivery charges (in the case of expedited delivery). Uniprix.com can change the delivery charges after advising the customer. Customers are solely responsible for the total payment of the gift card purchased. The user is responsible for the payment by credit card of the service offered by Uniprix. Uniprix.com is not responsible for any payment difficulties related to the online payment service.
Risk of loss
The purchase of gift cards via uniprix.com is made in accordance with a shipping contract. This means that the risk of loss and property rights of the merchandise are transferred to you when Uniprix gives the merchandise to the shipper.
Uniprix gift cards are not refundable.