Saint-Jacques, February 7, 2019 – Today pharmacy co-owners Jean-Marc and Julie Deslongchamps opened the doors to the new Uniprix pharmacy in Saint-Jacques, which offers residents a brand new concept focused on customer experience.
The pharmacy is located in a building that houses a medical clinic, and soon, a physiotherapy centre, making it a strategic location that offers residents in the community a multidisciplinary approach with access to various health care professionals. Julie and Jean-Marc also offer Halte Santé services right at the pharmacy, where patients can attend 25-minute training workshops on various topics. In the coming year, they will also be adding a nurse in order to provide a wider range of services, including clinical follow-up, vital sign measurement, vaccines, and wound and foot care.
“We are proud to be able to provide the Saint-Jacques community with better access to health services and products, and to offer residents a functional health centre that meets their needs,” says pharmacist/co-owner Julie Deslongchamps.
A range of services with added value
The father-daughter team hailing from Lanaudière was attracted to the Saint-Jacques area because they saw an opportunity to bring more value to residents of the community, who make up a very diverse clientele.
“We offer more than just health services. The pharmacy also has a new beauty boutique, a delivery service, online patient records, a photo centre and a wide selection of products for infants, including health food,” explains Julie.
The new location spans 8,000 square feet and offers a better space that can accommodate the pharmacy’s different sections. It allows the owners to work more effectively and closely with patients. Its range of services offered, proximity to other health care professionals, more spacious location and qualified personnel, undoubtedly make the Saint-Jacques Uniprix pharmacy a major asset to the community.
Balancing health and wellness
“We are confident that customers will appreciate this new approach which focuses entirely on their health and wellness. Uniprix stands out for its concept of supporting Quebecers who are looking for a health partner to guide them throughout their journey,” proudly explains Alain Arel, President and General Manager of Uniprix and Proxim.
Services now offered at the Saint-Jacques Uniprix pharmacy:
- Halte Santé Corner
- Beauty counter with top brands such as Biotherm and Lise Watier
- VIP events and on-site makeup services
- Medication prescription when no diagnosis is required:
- Perinatal supplements, pregnancy-related nausea/vomiting, smoking cessation, hormonal contraception after use of emergency oral contraception, head lice treatment, heart valve antibiotic therapy, traveller’s diarrhoea, malaria, cytoprotection and altitude sickness.
- Prescriptions for minor conditions (with prior prescription on file) for:
- Allergic rhinitis, labial herpes, mild acne, diaper rash, atopic dermatitis, allergic conjunctivitis, thrush, fever blisters, dysmenorrhea, hemorrhoids, urinary tract infection
- Pill dispensers
- Prescription extension under Bill 41 (with restrictions)
- Halte Santé training workshops
- Photo centre, including passport photos
- Free delivery program
- Online record
- Rental of various equipment, including crutches, walkers and blood pressure monitors
Founded in 1977, Uniprix Inc. is one of the largest groups of independent pharmacists in Quebec. The company offers services to a network of more than 330 pharmacies across the province. Year after year, Uniprix ranks among the most admired companies in Quebec. For more information, visitwww.uniprix.com.