COSENTYX, 150MG/1ML, INJ.SYRINGE
This medication is typically used for plaque psoriasis. It may also be used for psoriatic arthritis or for ankylosing spondylitis (arthritis involving the spine).
How to use this medication
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously), according to the technique you were shown. Be sure to choose a different injection site each time.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand.
Dispose of used syringes and needles safely. Your pharmacist can tell you the best way to do this. If you forget a dose, contact your pharmacist.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it could make you more prone to infections;
- it may cause an allergic reaction (also known as hypersensitivity).
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely. To remain effective, this product must be kept in its original packaging. Do not transfer it to another container.
This agent may reduce your body's ability to fight infections. It is recommended that you contact your doctor if you experience signs of infections like fever and chills since some users have developed serious infections. Many vaccines must be avoided during your treatment - be sure to mention it to your health professionals.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.