ELELYSO, 200U, INJ.POWDER
This medication is typically used for type 1 Gaucher disease.
How to use this medication
This drug is usually administered in a hospital or clinic setting by a health care professional. Specialists have established various protocols for the administration of this drug. The dose and method used to administer this drug have therefore been tailored to your specific medical condition.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may cause redness of the face;
- it may cause sleep disturbances or insomnia;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
If you have any questions, speak to the health care professionals who are overseeing your treatment.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
It is also strongly recommended that you keep an up-to-date list of all the medications you take and carry it with you at all times. This could be useful if you have to see a health professional or need emergency care.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.