DIVIGEL, 0.25MG, GEL PACK
This medication contains hormones (estrogens). Typically, it is used as a female sex hormone supplement.
How to use this medication
This product is an odourless, non-staining gel. Apply the gel on the upper left or right thigh. Allow the gel to dry before getting dressed.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Apply it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effect.
If you forget a dose, apply it as soon as you remember -- unless it is almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed one. Do not apply more to try to catch up.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may affect menstruation (irregular or absence of menses);
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it could cause water retention and swelling;
- it may increase breast size.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Children and pregnant women must avoid direct contact with a zone of application for at least an hour after the application.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.