NYDA, 50%, SCALP LOTION
This medication is typically used for the treatment of head lice.
How to use this medication
This medication is to be applied to the hair. To use:
- apply to DRY hair;
- work the medication into the hair;
- leave on for 30 minutes;
- use a lice comb to remove dead lice and nits;
- letting the product dry for at least 8 hours;
- rinse and shampoo.
After treatment, comb your hair carefully with a fine comb to remove all nits. This is easier if the hair is wet. Thoroughly clean any materials and clothing, including hats and scarves that may have been in contact with the lice. Wash these items in warm water or have them dry-cleaned.
This medication is to be used once and then again 8 to 10 days later. Follow the instructions provided by your pharmacist. To avoid re-infection, thoroughly clean and vacuum the entire house. Wash the bedding and clothing of the person who has been treated. Also, wash all used bath towels and dry them in the dryer for at least 30 minutes.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- occasionally, it may cause stinging and/or itching;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.