BYETTA, 600MCG/2.4ML, INJ.PEN
This medication is typically used to control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect within a few hours.
How to use this medication
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously), according to the technique you were shown. Be sure to choose a different injection site each time.
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Use it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand. Like all individuals with diabetes, you should monitor your blood sugar levels regularly using the appropriate device.
Dispose of used syringes and needles safely. Your pharmacist can tell you the best way to do this. If you forget a dose, simply skip it and then take the next dose at the regularly scheduled time.
This medication must be taken within 60 minutes prior a meal. In order not to cause hypoglycemia, avoid excessive alcohol consumption.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause diarrhea;
- it may cause indigestion;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause redness and swelling at the injection site;
- it may cause low blood sugar levels, which could make you feel dizzy, shaky or weak.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. After its first use, keep it at room temperature and discard any unused portion after 30 days.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.