VIMPAT, 10MG/ML, INJECTABLE
This medication is typically used for epilepsy.
How to use this medication
This drug is usually administered in a hospital or clinic setting by a health care professional. Specialists have established various protocols for the administration of this drug. The dose and method used to administer this drug have therefore been tailored to your specific medical condition.
This medication is typically used twice a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
This medication may be taken with or without food. Consuming alcohol may intensify the effect of this product. It is therefore advisable to avoid consuming alcohol or alcohol-containing products while taking this medication.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may affect coordination and cause clumsiness (ataxia);
- it may cause drowsiness or dizziness -- use caution if driving;
- it may cause nausea and vomiting;
- it may cause blurred vision.
If you have any questions, speak to the health care professionals who are overseeing your treatment.
This information handout only provides an overview of your treatment. Given the complex nature of your treatment, you will receive information that is much more comprehensive and that deals specifically with your needs. Make sure that you have all the relevant information regarding your medication.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.