TOCTINO, 30MG, CAPSULE
This medication is typically used for eczema. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Avoid taking vitamin A supplements while using this medication.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. This medication is more effective if taken with food. Always take it with a meal or a snack.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause redness of the face;
- it may increase the amount of cholesterol in your blood;
- it may cause chapped lips;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- avoid exposure to UV rays (e.g., sunlight, tanning lamps) as drug-related skin reactions may occur. Protect yourself when out in the sun;
- it can cause dryness of the skin.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use two effective contraceptive methods beginning at least one month before treatment, during the treatment and for at least one month after the end of it. Ask your healthcare professional for details.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.