PIPERACILLIN/TAZOBACTAM, 12+1.5G, INJ.POWDER
This medication contains an antibiotic from the penicillin family. Typically, it is used to treat infections. It requires several days to take effect.
How to use this medication
This drug can, on occasion, be administered in a hospital or clinic setting by a doctor or a nurse, but can also be used at home. If you are taking this drug at home, make sure that the health care facility overseeing your treatment has provided you with all the necessary information regarding its administration. It is very important that you comply with the directions for use to fully benefit from the effects of this drug and to limit any adverse reactions.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause diarrhea or constipation, depending on the person;
- it may cause pain at the injection site;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
Respect the provided storage instructions for this product. If you have any questions, speak to the health care professionals who are overseeing your treatment.
This information handout only provides an overview of your treatment. Given the complex nature of your treatment, you will receive information that is much more comprehensive and that deals specifically with your needs. Make sure that you have all the relevant information regarding your medication.
Blood donation is usually refused during this treatment.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
It is also strongly recommended that you keep an up-to-date list of all the medications you take and carry it with you at all times. This could be useful if you have to see a health professional or need emergency care.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.