DOM AMLODIPINE, 10MG, TABLET
This medication is typically used for angina (chest pain due to a heart condition) or to lower blood pressure. Even though you may not feel its effects, this medication takes effect within a few hours.
How to use this medication
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. It is not advisable to stop using this product suddenly, particularly if you have been on it for several weeks. If you are considering stopping the medication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist first.
It must be used regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects. Be sure to keep an adequate supply on hand. If you remember missing a dose within 12 hours of the time it is usually taken, take it as soon as you remember, then take the next dose at the regularly scheduled time. If the dose is missed by more than 12 hours, skip the missed dose. Do not double the next dose to catch up.
This medication may be taken with or without food. Consult your pharmacist before consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice during treatment. Grapefruit may change the effect of this drug in some people.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause dizziness -- use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may cause unusual tiredness;
- it may cause redness of the face;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause leg swelling or water retention.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Keep it out of reach of young children. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
This medication may interact with other medications or supplements, sometimes significantly. Many interactions, however, may be dealt with by a dosage adjustment or a change in medication schedule. Check with your pharmacist before using this medication in combination with any other medications (including non-prescription products), vitamins or natural products.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.