ORENCIA, 250MG, INJ.POWDER
This medication is typically used for psoriatic arthritis or for rheumatoid arthritis. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
Once diluted, this medication is usually administered into a vein (intravenously) over a number of minutes by a health professional.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it could make you more prone to respiratory infections;
- it may increase your blood pressure;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Keep it out of reach of young children.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
It is important to tell the health professionals you consult:
- if you have a history of any other medical condition, whether you smoke and for women, if you are or want to become pregnant or breastfeeding;
- if you have allergies to any medications or any other allergies (e.g. to food, latex, etc.);
- all medications you are taking, prescription and non-prescription, including vitamins and natural products and supplements.