ORENCIA, 250MG, INJ.POWDER
This medication is typically used for psoriatic arthritis or for rheumatoid arthritis. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
Once diluted, this medication is usually administered into a vein (intravenously) over a number of minutes by a health professional.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause spots or redness of the skin;
- it could make you more prone to respiratory infections;
- it may increase your blood pressure;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.