XOLAIR, 150MG, INJ.POWDER
This medication is typically used to control asthma symptoms. It may also be used to treat urticaria, as well as for other uses. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This product is usually injected under the skin (subcutaneously) by a health professional.
This medication is typically used only once every two to four weeks. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Depending on the dose which you have been prescribed, you may require from 1 to 3 injections of this agent. Multiple injections must be performed in different muscles. Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Dispose of used syringes and needles safely. Your pharmacist can tell you the best way to do this.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause pain;
- it may cause a sore throat;
- it may cause redness and swelling at the injection site;
- it may cause a sinus infection.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.