TAZORAC, 0.05%, CREAM
This medication is typically used for acne or for plaque psoriasis. It may also be used for skin wrinkles caused by the sun. It requires a few weeks to take effect.
How to use this medication
This medication is to be applied on the skin. To use:
- clean the affected area;
- apply a small quantity, and limit the application to the affected area.
Do not let this product come in contact with your eyes or lips. Do not apply it on skin that has been cut or scratched.
This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Apply it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effect.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- occasionally, it may cause stinging and/or itching;
- avoid exposure to UV rays (e.g., sunlight, tanning lamps) as drug-related skin reactions may occur. Protect yourself when out in the sun;
- it can cause dryness of the skin;
- when used, it may cause a temporary burning sensation;
- it may cause local irritation.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
Taking this medication during pregnancy may be harmful for the baby. Women of childbearing potential should use an effective contraceptive method.
Pregnant women should not use this product. If you're planning a pregnancy or become pregnant, contact your family doctor.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.